FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
Improve building safety and maintain compliance with fire safety regulations
FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT & FIRE SAFETY SERVICES
It is important to reduce the risk of fire to keep people safe in the workplace, because it can save lives and is your legal duty. This can be ensured by completing a fire risk assessment.
A fire risk assessment is about understanding the potential risks and improving your fire safety precautions to keep employees and visitors safe.
FIRE ASSESSMENT LEGISLATION & FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS
A fire risk assessment should be carried out on all types of buildings (excluding domestic residential property) to ensure compliance in England and Wales with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 , in Scotland with The Fire Safety Regulations 2006 (Scotland) and Northern Ireland with The Fire Safety Regulations 2010 (Northern Ireland).
The onus is on the responsible person or duty holder for the business – which could be the employer or self-employed person, the person responsible for all or part of a building which is solely for business purposes, or a contractor with a degree of control over the premises for life safety.
Whilst awareness of workplace health and safety is on the increase, too many organisations are still not aware of their legislative obligations – which is why many turn to a third party partner such as Bureau Veritas to support them in achieving and maintaining compliance.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Fire safety systems are designed to help protect people and property. It is essential to have a management fire policy in place, supported by a thorough maintenance and inspection programme, to mitigate the risk and prevent loss of life or assets in the event of fire breaking out.
A FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT COVERS A RANGE OF AREAS INCLUDING:
- Fire detection and warning system
- Means of escape
- Provision of fire-fighting equipment
- Planning for an emergency and training
- Fire risk factors and people at risk
- Maintenance and testing of fire safety equipment
- Improve safety within your buildings
- Achieve and maintain compliance with fire safety regulations
- Reduce the risk of litigation
WHY BUREAU VERITAS?
- Highly experienced and qualified nationwide team of over 60 fire safety experts
- Third party accreditation from UKAS to undertake fire risk assessments in any type of building
- Trusted experts, undertaking in excess of 20,000 fire risk assessments annually across more than 6,000 properties
- Global expertise, local support
- Access to a full range of testing, inspection and certification services from Bureau Veritas experts