Providing one-stop service and innovative solutions in QHSE management, whatever the asset, product or business sector
Download the†Bureau Veritas Overview brochure†in†English, in†French, in†Spanish, in†Chinese, in†Japanese, inPortuguese.
Founded in 1828, Bureau Veritas is an international group specialized in the inspection, analysis, audit, and certification of products. infrastructure (buildings, industrial sites, equipment, ships, etc.) and management systems in relation to regulatory or voluntary standards.
150 Years of history†
From 1828 to 1978
Founded in Belgium in 1828, the Information Office for Maritime Insurance had a simple mission: to give shipping underwriters up-to-date information on premiums in use at commercial centers and provide precise information on the state of ships and equipment.
| ŠŰŚ‚‹ůŰŚ ŰÔ ‚ť‚ŽŖÔ
Bureau Veritas ranks as the world's second largest group in conformity assessment and certification services in the fields of quality, health and safety, environment, and social responsibility ("QHSE") and the world leader in QHSE services not including raw materials inspection.
Recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations, Bureau Veritas is present in 140 countries through a network of 900 offices and laboratories. It has more than 39,000 employees and a client base of more than 370,000.
Group Key Figures
Since 1996, Bureau Veritas has posted average annual growth of 15% in revenue and 20% in adjusted operating profit.
In 2009, the Group reported revenue of Ä2.65 billion, adjusted operating profit of Ä433 million and adjusted net profit (Group share) of Ä274 million.
Bureau Veritas is a listed company on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Compartment A, code ISIN FR 0006174348, stock symbol: BVI).
- Efficient international network Unique combination of international and local networks. Consistent service delivery. High reactivity in deploying new capabilities.
- Brand and reputation Strong brand built over 180 years.
- Skilled employees Robust technical expertise. Entrepreneurial, client-driven culture.
- Recognized technical expertise Comprehensive portfolio of accreditations. Thorough knowledge of regulations, reference frameworks and standards. Extensive knowledge of industrial markets.
- Broad service portfolio All QHSE requirements covered. Cross-selling potential.
Our areas of expertise
- Social responsibility††††
- Inspections and audits
- Testing and analysis
- Asset management
Our story began nearly 200 years ago. In 1828. Our logo has not changed much since. We are very proud of it. This logo shows the soul of our group and the soul of every employee.†
Bureau Veritas was established "to seek out the truth and tell it without fear or favor." The allegorical figure of Truth, represented by a woman emerging from a well, was chosen as the logo.†
The Bureau Veritas emblem showed a young woman seated on the edge of a well with her arms raised. In her right hand is a torch, in her left a mirror. Her left foot rests on a globe.†
On the ground are a pair of scales, Mercury's wand (a caduceus), and a rooster with its eyes raised towards the woman. The horizon shows a three-masted vessel, sails billowing, passing across a bay.†
The new logo, redrawn in 1990 in a pure heraldic style, adheres to the same symbolism.
- The†date: symbol of long-lasting.
- The†ship: the marine activities gave birth to Bureau Veritas.
- The†seal: the endorsement, it is the symbol of the activity accomplished by the group.
- The†torch: it is the knowledge, the expertise, and in someway, we can say it is our know-how.
- The†rooster: represents watchfulness, meaning the constant attention paid by our employees.
- The†mirror†reflects the impartiality guiding every act of the employees.
- The†scale: it is justice that alights our way of acting.
- The†globe: symbol of our worldwide activity.
- The†caduceus: symbol that Bureau Veritas is a company with a business ambition.
- To end, the†silhouette†shows both the human aspect of our business and the truth we are aiming to reach.